Better weather is on it’s way, which means it almost time to dust off the grill. Chef Rollins has shared a special savory recipe that will help you ease into grilling season, provide a delicious side or appetizer to serve your family and friends.
Chef Rollins’ Grilled Wrapped Asparagus Pancetta
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 pounds medium asparagus
- 1/2 pound very thinly sliced pancetta
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- Tightly wrap each asparagus spear in a slice of pancetta and refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, stir the orange zest and juice with the mustard and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus over moderate heat, turning often, until they are just tender and the pancetta is crisp, about 5 minutes total. Transfer the asparagus to a platter and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with thyme and serve.